Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cactus in Bloom



I haven't updated for a while, but nothing too exciting has been happening. Dave has been working pretty much every weekend, but I guess you have to do that to run your own business. We did have a little time to ride up Modena Canyon, and around Beryl on Sunday. In Beryl we did a little Jack Rabbit Hunting, it is a lot of fun and really good target practice!

Last night we rode up to Pine Valley to look at the property Dave's sister and brother-in-law bought. They are clearing the Mahogany to make room for a cabin, and told us to go get what we want for winter firewood.

Anyway everywhere we have been the cactus are in bloom. They are really pretty with either red, yellow, or pink flowers. I have a couple of prickly pear cactus plants along the back of my house, but they haven't blossomed this year however they have about doubled in size so maybe next year!

4 comments:

Christiansen Family said...

Your blog page is really cute. It really looks like your personality. Blogging is so much fun!

sherry ward said...

Sweet picture! I love how only the cactus looks like it's in colour and the rest looks b/w! I'm so glad your blogging so we can keep in touch better!

Jill said...

Jaime,

We thought of you as we drove through Enterprise. We drove through in just enough time to get to the show on time and then woke up and had to drive straight home. So it was for sure a short trip. We did think of calling you, but I don't have a current number for you. I tried the # I have for you once and talked like a mad woman to some lady I didn't even know. Oops. My email is jstevenson@ussynthetic.com. Email me your phone number!

Andrea said...

Cool photo. Thinking about cactus reminds me that we are clearly on opposite sides of the U.S. It's so muggy here and green.