The weekend before the 4th of July we went to Duck Creek Village, and stayed at the place Dave and I met, Pinewoods Resort. We were invited to a graduation party and eagle scout award ceremony for the kids of our old manager. Their family is friends of ours since we all worked their together. We decided to take advantage of the invites and make a weekend of it. We got a room for a steal, and invited Dave's brother. Here are some pictures... Cedar Mountain is really pretty, but can get really busy! They have redone the ATV trail system up there. There is miles, and miles of nice trails that are well marked and mapped. Dave thought he knew all the trails, but not anymore because of all the changes... luckily his brother always comes prepared with maps.

Strawberry Point - we looked for a couple of geocaches here, but never did find them. The view here is always fun anyway winter or summer!

Those cliffs in the distance is Zions National Park it is really cool that you can see this in a couple of different look out spots on Cedar Mountain.

Just a few of the classic southern utah views, red rock surrounded by pine trees. I just love the contrasts... I guess that is why the call Southern Utah color country!


Looking back at the trails and at a couple of our four wheelers.

Looking over a cave... we found this by accident trying to find our way back on some of the trails, but there are a lot of lava tubes on Cedar Mountain you can go inside. We went insided Mammoth Cave.

A quick self portrait resting on the four wheeler.

Scott and Lisa just waiting for the crowd to clear from the ice cave.

The ice cave... this place was crowded all weekend. We tried to visit it twice, but decided to just snap a quick picture and leave. However Dave and I were laughing at the tourists because none of them seem to know why it is called the Ice Cave and we heard some good stories that really made us laugh.

Aspen Mirror Lake - neither Dave or I had actually been here before this trip.

This was a fun trail that followed the stream... the bridge is just wide enough for four wheeler, and we were really glad we didn't have a side by side because they are not allowed on some the trails up there, this being one of them! That is Dave speeding ahead... I wanted to get a picture of him riding on the bridge but I was not quick enough.

Posing for a picture at one of the look out points we stopped at.
1 comment:
It's so good to see the area of Duck after hearing lots about it. I love how Southern Utah definitely is unique as far as the landscape and color -- so different than what I am used to seeing with the green and trees. forget that it's really pretty.
Post a Comment